Feb 9, 2010

Go Away

I was fine coming back to Nebraska.

After being in Florida over the weekend I had re-energized and was ready for the last few weeks of winter. I had seen green grass, palm trees, and felt chilly at 50 degrees. In shorts and a t-shirt. I was even fine looking out this morning to a bit more new snow.

Then, as I was walking down the driveway to help Kristin get her car thawed out, I biffed it. Hard.

Snow - go away. Ice - go away. I am tired of you. I don't even care (much) that I can't go outside to ride, or whatever, I just want you to go. Torment someone else now, you have had your fun with me. Its time to let me up.

5 comments:

brady said...

Sorry to read about your fall.

Winter's end is in sight. Don't give up!

Jon Downey said...

Thanks Brady. I appreciate the push - time to stop sniveling!

HTFU!!!

D Bethune said...

Haha, I've been sniveling about it ever since I couldn't ride outside.

brady said...

My thoughts exactly.

In fact, when I was running home tonight I also took a tumble and immediately thought of you. This is what formed in my mind next:

You take a fall. You get up. Brush yourself off and then keep on keeping on. Stay the course, soldier. You may take a lick here or a bruise there, but you will not go down without a fight. HTFU! HOOAH!

Or something like that. Anyway, there are only a few weeks left of this stuff. Kinda like how August is in the end of summer. It'll be warmer weather soon enough

雪糕 said...

Since it is the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.............................................