Feb 23, 2009

Came up a little short

As is the story of my life, I came up a little short last week. This time it was training, but only by about 15 minutes.

I hammered the climbing all week, with 4 workouts consisting of 4x6 minute climbs per session. Yesterday was the last climbing workout for a bit with 4x8 minutes climbs. All the climbing work was solidly done is Z4 approaching Z5a. The rest of the week consisted of either base aerobic or tempo work and a really good weight workout.

While my total volume is nowhere near that of a Joe or a Jeff or this guy my 2-week-on, 1-week-off system seems to be working. I can get the intensity that I need while still being able to recover, something that I have always struggled with.

Repeated power and recovery will be the focus this week, with several workouts geared toward crit or MTB race type work.

No comments: